Happy New Year!
January 11th was National Human Trafficking Awareness Day. January is also known as Human Trafficking Awareness month. It's a time for all of us to educate ourselves about the issue and hopefully inspire action. Here are a few helpful resources, practical ways to help shutdown this multi-billion-dollar industry, and what our response is.
What is human trafficking? Click on any of the links below to learn.
Myths, Facts, and Statistics-Polaris
The United States Of America is a Tier 1 country.
Thailand is a Tier 2 country
*A guide to the different tiers can be found in the TIP report.
Practical Ways to help:
- Beware of spreading false narratives that can cause more harm than good.Example
- Practice Ethical Storytelling
- Shop responsibly - Buying guide
- This Valentine's Day, don't just buy any chocolate
- Stay well-informed. There are lots of resources.
"The single best way to end human trafficking is to prevent human trafficking, in part by ensuring that services and supports are available for vulnerable and at-risk populations." - Polaris
At Creative Life Foundation, we connect people to critical resources that create a path to freedom and prevents human trafficking. We provide: